Become part of an organization that values its employees, volunteers, guests, and donors.
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling!
Our team members demonstrate our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything they do. If you are looking to further your career in retail management, consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package, extensive leadership development, and personal growth opportunities.
As a Store Manager at our Thrift Store, you will lead and have full accountability for all aspects of store operations. You will build a collaborative culture, working hands-on in our business alongside team members and volunteers. Your passion for Thrift will see you involved in community initiatives and building long term relationships with our guests, donors, and the local community through retail and recycling.
• Represent the organizational values and competencies, providing GREAT service to guests and donors;
• Continually recruit for outstanding associates, identify internal associate talent and provide opportunities for career development;
• Team member development including motivation, coaching, performance management, and feedback;
• Daily communication with staff to review production quotas, sales and priorities; assign tasks and follow up;
• Apply business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources;
• Ensure compliance with all legislative and organizational policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance.
Store Manager Skills and Qualifications
• A post-secondary school education in business/retail and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated customer focused retail management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Demonstrated experience building and motivating teams and the ability to improve productivity, engagement and retention;
• Exceptional customer service skills and the talent to build guest loyalty and community relationships;
• Superior time management skills, experience driving results, and the ability to deliver business results;
• Demonstrated ability to achieve consistent profitability by maintaining high standards in sales, merchandising, marketing, floor displays, store promotions, guest service, public relations and expense control;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and experience working with a diverse population are essential;
• Computer literate with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, email, internet, and have knowledge of basic accounting procedures, including online payroll and time keeper systems;
• Successful reference and background check.
• A passionate fast-paced retail environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service;
• Firsthand experience of the impact of our work in our communities;
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer provided RRSPs
• Vacation (3 weeks/6%)
• Group Benefits
• Paid sick time
• Leadership Development Training
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted to email@example.com. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.