Warehouse Associate - Victoria Distribution & Recycling Centre
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling in support of the second largest social service organization in Canada!
If you are looking to further your career in retail consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package including paid sick time, vacation starting at 6% (3 weeks), and employer-paid RRSP contributions with additional voluntary matching opportunities, Health, Dental, EFAP, and LTD benefit opportunities. All within an environment that demonstrates our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything we do.
As a Warehouse Associate you will assist in the efficient and effective reclamation, processing and/or distribution of goods and donations.
Our ideal candidate is a Distribution/recycling enthusiast who is customer focused, can maintain their composure, and has the ability to communicate and build relationships. In doing so, the candidate will be action oriented, drive results, and will strive to become an expert in their role through continuous self-development and learning.
Warehouse Associate Job Tasks
• Maintains a safe and healthy work environment through compliance with Health and Safety regulations;
• Processes raw materials by unloading, sorting, packing, storing, loading and baling the donations;
• Protects the integrity of the donations;
• Processes all other supplies being received/shipped through the Recycling and Distribution Centre;
• May operate warehouse equipment such as baler, compactor, and pump truck;
• Provides guest service by greeting and assisting all guests in a courteous manner and assisting as required with donations;
• Sweep/dust/ mop floor as required to maintain facility;
• Represent the Core Values and Competencies in all that you do;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Warehouse Associate Skills and Qualifications
• Proven ability to do physical labour in a warehouse environment
• Approachable with good interaction and people skills
• Dependability and flexibility to work varying shifts as per operational needs
• Be knowledgeable of and strictly follow all legislative safety procedures
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Eligible to work in Canada
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer paid RRSPs starting at 4% of earnings with additional contribution matching opportunities
• Vacation (3 weeks/ 6%)
• Group Benefits
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, recognition programs and in-store sales incentives.
• Employee and Family Assistance Plan
• Long term disability coverage
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, weekends and holidays (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
Resumes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store – National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.