Senior Shipper/Receiver - Edmonton Distribution and Recycling Centre
Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling! We are looking to fill 2 positions (please see below for hours)
Our team members demonstrate our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything they do. If you are looking to further your career in retail management, consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package, extensive leadership development, and personal growth opportunities.
As a Senior Shipper Receiver, you provide excellent service to guests/donors, sort incoming product, assist the manager in delegation of tasks, and assist in various aspects of the distribution centre, including supervisory oversight when the Distribution Manager is away.
• Process raw materials by unloading, sorting, packing, storing, loading, and baling the donations, also protect the integrity of the donations
• Select donations for store distribution while meeting established standards for quality
• Meet assigned daily targets; count, weigh, and record incoming and outgoing donations, maintain an accurate supply inventory, including store fixtures
• Update computer documents and tracking
• Supervise the operational staff in the absence of the Distribution Manager including directing employees to outstanding tasks and ensuring that employees are following policies
• Provide training and monitoring of staff as directed by the Distribution Manager
• Communicate with various stakeholders including Store Managers, District Managers, Recyclers, and Waste Management on an as needed basis
• Comply with all legislative and company policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance
Senior Shipper Receiver Skills and Qualifications
• Two to five years’ experience in a warehouse environment
• Thrive on building relationships with proven interpersonal and communication skills
• Physically capable of lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis, 20 lbs on a frequent basis, which includes bending, twisting, pulling, pushing of product
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
• Demonstrated trustworthiness and responsibility;
• Possess strong written and oral English communication skills (French where required);
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet, and familiar with basic office equipment.
•The successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer. We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
✓Employer paid RRSPs starting at 4% of earnings with additional contribution matching opportunities
✓Vacationtime starting at6%(3 weeks)
✓Paid sick time
✓The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs
✓Employee and Family Assistance Plan
✓Long term disability coverage.
You can expect
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals;
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs; days, evenings, weekends and holidays (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
Resumes are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store -National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.